A: Most transfer students are admitted as future majors on campus (as indicated in the UC application). We strongly advise junior transfer students to research the requirements for their main section project in the UC Santa Cruz General Catalog or on the UCSC Academy website. Many majors need specific course work and/or a level of MPA for their acceptance. Junior transfers are required to declare their primary subject no later than the second quarter of participation. Major art: Junior transfer students are admitted to the art major after passing the portfolio exam. Art Department`s UC application and portfolio review application are separate and independent processes. Acceptance of UC Santa Cruz does not guarantee that you will pass portfolio control and the success of the portfolio review does not guarantee admission to UC Santa Cruz. For more information on portfolio verification, please visit art.ucsc.edu or phone the Art Department at (831) 459-3551. If you have decided to follow the IGETC, you must complete it before the transfer. Otherwise, you will have to meet the specific requirements of UC Santa Cruz. A: UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP) is an online tool that allows future transfer students to follow and plan their course work.

If you are planning to switch to UC Santa Cruz, we strongly advise you to register for UC TAP. Registering at UC TAP is also your first step towards concluding a UCSC Guarantee Admission Transfer (UCSC TAG). Q: What are the academic criteria for admission and transfer selection? A: The university grants a employment credit for up to 70 semesters (105 quarters) to course work entrusted by community universities. Courses with more than 70 semester units receive an expert credit and can be used to meet the requirements of the university subject. A: The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) is a series of California community training courses that prospective transfer students can take to meet the general educational requirements of the University of California and California State University. It is important to meet with a consultant to discuss transfer options, as transfer admission requirements may vary from campus to campus. Click here to learn more. A: UC Santa Cruz accepts transfer credit courses whose content (as described in the school`s course catalogue) is similar to the courses taught at each regular session on a University of California campus. Final decisions on the portability of courses are made only after a candidate has been admitted and official copies are presented.

A: For more information, visit the UC website for transfer students. UCSC also offers information sessions on transfers on selected Fridays.